To implement a new project in SAP, ASAP methodology is used.
ASAP is divided into five phases as mentioned below:
- Project Preparation
- Business Blue Print
- Final Preparation
- Go Live and Support
This is the first stage where in all the project requirements are made ready like;
- Project Cost Estimation
- Project Duration
- Charting High Level Plan
- Identifying Team Members( Project Half success lies in identifying the correct team members)
Business Blue pint:
Baseline phase which makes the project complete success if handled correctly;
- Understanding business goals.
- Determining the business requirements to support the Business goals.
- Formulating TO BE processes in sap after thorough review of the questionnaires sent to Core Users identified.
- Implementing all the Business and process requirements based on Blue Print.
- System Customization in two phases – Baseline Configuration and Final Configuration.
- End User Trainings
- Cutover Activities
- All open issues to be closed.
- System is ready for business transactions post all activities as mentioned above are completed successfully.
GO Live and Support
- Transition to Live Productive environment based on system landscape, open for transactions
- Post implementation Support
- Hypercare period. Issues resolution on high priority.( may be for a period of 2-6 months)